Poisons, toxins and autoimmune diseases
An autoimmune condition evolves when the immune system for some reason cannot distinguish between self and other.
Conventional (orthodox) way to treat all autoimmune disorders has been suppressing the (deregulated) immune system, and afterwards treating the damage to the involved organ whenever possible.
Holistic medicine uses a different - much better approach.
The root of it always remain the same:
- Remove the triggers that are deregulating (poisoning) the immune system so it starts damaging organs and/or tissues, causing the body to become "allergic" to itself
- Relieve the inflammation caused by tissues damage and hyperactive immune system
- Restore nutritional deficiencies that may be preventing the enervated immune system from knowing how to turn off hyperactivity once it is harmonized
Immune system is greatly complicated. Scientists are using hundreds of special (sophisticated) terms to describe it.
But we (ones attacked by autoimmune diseases) are interested, how such disorders, including Multiple Sclerosis, occur. Probably one of the best and very understandable ways of action of healthy as well as unhealthy (deregulated) immune system has been described in a book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Autoimmune Disorders: The Revolutionary Drug-free Treatments for Thyroid Disease, Lupus, MS, IBD, Chronic Fatigue, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Other Diseases". This book is real eye-opener.
Stephen Edelson, M.D., author of the book, has practiced medicine for more than 20 years. As an autoimmune specialist and Founder of the Edelson Center for Environmental and Preventative Medicine in Atlanta, he has successfully treated thousands of patients using innovative and effective alternative therapies.
Excerpts from the book:
- Unfortunately, there are millions and millions of individuals whose immune systems do not respond normally to an attack. Instead of attacking foreign invaders with antibodies-substances produced by the immune system to fight invaders-the immune system components attack the body's own healthy cells-perhaps bones, joints, blood, brain, nerves, or other body parts-as if they were the enemy. When the immune system reacts in this way, it is producing autoantibodies-substances that attack healthy cells instead of foreign invaders. This situation is known as an autoimmune response
- More than eighty separate medical conditions have been recognized as being the result of an autoimmune response. Some of them are quite common; others are rare. In this book we concern ourselves with the more common conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, type 1 diabetes, autism, chronic fatigue syndromes, autoimmune hepatitis...
- While conventional medicine simply treats the symptoms, we heal the body by going directly to the origins of the disease-the autoimmune response at the cellular level. To get a better understanding of how we do that, it's first important to understand why autoimmune conditions develop in the first place.The reason, I believe, is simple: direct damage and free-radical damage to cells from environmental toxins (heavy metals and chemicals).
So, immune system starts offending a host body after it is detuned by environmental toxins!
Nothing in this world happens without a reason !
More good details as well as controversial (although truthful) ideas can be found in an article Autoimmune Disorders.
- Another wise and easy description of the problem has been provided in an article "Autoimmune Disease: Are Conventional Treatments Working?"
I'm very afraid about crohn's disease. I have some symtoms in abdominal pain, often in the lower right area, and diarrhea. Should I go to see the doctor? Please help.
I have symptoms associated with MS. Have for about 2 years. I was almost unable to work at all. I found a doctor who does Nutrition Response Testing. What he found were 2 types of parasites. This took much longer to handle than I had expected. As an RN I considered that parasites could be handled in 1-2 weeks. Once the parasites were handled, we found fungus and mercury poisoning. I was on a Heavy metal cleanse for about 11 months and had my fillings replaced once the metal burden had decreased to an acceptable level. Now that the metals are gone i can work a 12 hour shift standing the whole time but notice that my diet significantly affects how I feel. If I eat a raw clean diet, I have lots of energy and experience almost no symptoms. If I eat too much wheet ( more than 1 slice of bread) or any candy and other specific foods I am horribly reminded of my condition with an almost inability to function. I have read this page and found it to be very interesting and plausible. This could be the last phase of my handling. I have suspected that my immune system has been hyperactive since I finished the metal cleanse. I may get a bottle and have tested using the Nutrition Response Testing Technique to see how I react to it. Nice web site.
Hello my friend! I want to say that this article is amazing, great written and come
with almost all significant infos. I would like to
see extra posts like this .
Can I just say what a relief to uncover a person that truly knows what they are talking about on the net.
You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
More and more people have to check this out and understand this side of your story.
I was surprised that you aren't more popular because you most certainly have the gift.
Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason (systemic enzymes for MS) seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Having read this I believed it was really informative. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this informative article together. I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading how toxins can innitiate autoimmune diseases and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
hello!,I really like your writing so much! share we keep up a correspondence more about your post on AOL? I require an expert on this house to solve my autoimmune problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to see you.
An outstanding share on how poisons can influence autoimmune diseases! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who has been conducting a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me dinner because I stumbled upon it for him. .. lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal! ! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this topic here on your website.
Hi, I check your blogs Beyond MS like every week. Your story-telling style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!
When someone writes an article he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her mind that
how a user can understand it. Therefore that's why
this post is outstdanding. Thanks!