Modern medicine is firmly founded on the "Germ Theory of Disease" promulgated by Louis Pasteur in the 1860's. Pasteur's 140-year-old theory is still the medical paradigm upon which Western medicine fights disease as we enter the 21st century
That's initial part of extraordinary article "Is Modern Medicine Founded on Error?" by a Gabriel Donohoe, citizen journalist, published in a highly important educational health-related website NaturalNews.com.
Everything is presented in this article thoroughly. Here are some experts:
1860 - According to Pasteur:
- Germs, or microbes, cause disease
- Germs invade the body from the outside, i.e., air, water, or food
- Human blood is sterile and can only be infected by outside microbes
- Germs are monomorphic, i.e., they have only one form and can be identified by species
- Specific diseases are caused by specific germs
- Germs should be killed by pharmaceutical drugs
~1880 - The "proofs" of the new Germ Theory were already showing flaws
~1890 - Still, despite being highly controversial, the Germ Theory was quickly adopted by the medical powers of the day. This new theory about germs invading from outside the body empowered the medical and pharmaceutical industry as guardians of human and animal health. People became dependent on the fledgling medical/drugs industry for information and protection from disease. Thus, Modern Medicine was born.
Consider this alarming statistic from a report commissioned by the Nutrition Institute of America in October, 2003: 2.2 million hospital patients suffer Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) to prescribed medicine each year leading to the deaths of 106,000 people (proven cases). In other words,
over 2,000 Americans die each week from properly prescribed medicine in properly prescribed doses
Author finishes the article with these rhetoric questions and statements:
- We still have a lot to learn about life, medicine, and healing but we need to approach these things with an open, inquisitive mind.
- How long will it take modern medicine to accept that germs don't cause disease but only appear as a result of disease? Who will fund research into the pleomorphic work begun by Béchamp, Enderlein, Rife and others? Who is brave enough to confront Big Pharma's doctrinaire, Pasteurian approach to drug based medicine?
- When a group of people are exposed to a virus or food toxin, modern medicine examines only those who get sick. What they should do is examine those who didn't get sick. One would no doubt find that the sick people had acidic blood and tissue while those who didn't succumb to the virus/toxin were alkaline. Therein lies the key to health.
- Disease cannot take hold in an alkaline body. An alkalising diet and way of living can prevent and reverse disease. But don't expect this to be endorsed by orthodox medicine – there's no profit in it.